1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
602 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does having the front disc look like Swiss Chees reduce the actual braking surface enough to reduce brake performance?
I've seen some drilled and or slotted rotors before, but those look a little TOO much.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
meh.....not really sure. I don't think so because a) the average pad temp is cooler, b) the holes are deglazing the pads, c) old honda brakes are so terrible anyway you probably wouldn't notice a miniscule decrease in braking performance. Plus what ever it gave up in braking on one rotor it makes up for on the other.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by joe c

so...no one cares that the bottom half of the frame is missing???
nope. seen it before. the sections he removed don't add all that much rigidity into the frame. I have seen yoshimura prepped bikes that had that mod. Personally I would have beefed up the motor mounts since you are now using the engine as a stressed frame and the cb550/750 both use motor plates in the front.

·
Registered
541 Posts
What is up with the rear brake? No peg to push down on. Maybe it was removed so you can kick start it (so much cooler). No need for brakes anyways.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
well....there aint no fucking way in hell im riding that thing from baltimore, to brooklyn, and back again, with no frame cradle. much less expect to rack up 20k miles on it. cross country or from maine to daytona. big difference between a race bike that gets torn down and scrutineered everytime its ridden and a bike thats getting the piss beat out of it for 10 hrs a day or more for never ending days.

and i think it needs a bigger chain.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the frame cradle is the least of your issues joe, the all fiberglass bodywork would likely melt from alcohol abuse before you got out of baltimore proper.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The dude paid a lot of money for high end parts. Bodywork is probably a grand alone, those joker triple clamps are $550 by themselves. Dude probably paid retail on every part on the bike it is all new stuff, and he doesn't sound like the kind of guy that does his own machine work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts