Cafe Racer Forum banner

No titles

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Chikor 
#1 ·
I have two bikes with no titles, a CB360 and a CB450. One was given to me and one was bought off some kid that lost the title, and told me after I paid him. Anyway, how would I go about getting the paper work? I want to try the legal ways first.
Thanks guys

-Brent

#2 ·
i know NY and VT don't require titles for bike older then like 15 years, so you could move to one of those states....if that's not an option i would call your local DMV and ask them what you would need to do i'm sure they can answer that for you....

"Ride Fast and Take Chances"

#4 ·
the title companies are about 100 bucks. you write them a bill of sale, and they have the means to generate the paperwork to get the title issued. you need to have the right people fill out the correct papers. auction houses, cops, and towing companies do it all of the time to take property. aaron?? you should know about this, right?? otherwise, i have found that if its a tittle required state, and you dont have one, you might as well own a cinderblock. the other option is to go through a state where you know a resident that doesnt require titles. arkansas, and also georgia are 2. this is where the title companies go to get them usually. ive been trying to get papers for the triumph. its been a pain in the ass. it can be done, but its a long process, costs money, and just sucks. even then, if you get one, the dmv has the power to say they wont issue you a new title based on what it sees on the one you present.

good luck. if you do it, let us know.

jc

#9 ·
well, most people have something against jerry at moto milano, but I kinda get along with him He is about 20 minutes from Portland, and deals exclusively with ducs. he does minimum 1/2 hour at $75/hour. I figure I'll take the two bikes out there and spend an hour. I'd love to go to Pete T's, but it's just too far.
s

#10 ·
Call in advance that day to make sure they're ready for you. I scheduled a trip long before I met Pete and drove up from Mass and they were to busy after having scheduled time. Plus the best part is no one wanted to tell me they kept avoiding me and couldn't say they fucked up. I'm curious about the 160/175 output for power. I have a feeling they'll be all over the place from 13 to 25 rear wheel. By the way I like Jerry, hes always treated me great, I was just bummed to drive 3 hours and get nothing done. Let me know how long it takes to do both bikes?

Aaron

#13 ·
quote:
Call in advance that day to make sure they're ready for you. I scheduled a trip long before I met Pete and drove up from Mass and they were to busy after having scheduled time. Plus the best part is no one wanted to tell me they kept avoiding me and couldn't say they fucked up. I'm curious about the 160/175 output for power. I have a feeling they'll be all over the place from 13 to 25 rear wheel. By the way I like Jerry, hes always treated me great, I was just bummed to drive 3 hours and get nothing done. Let me know how long it takes to do both bikes?
Dynojet dynos are crap.

Why not go to a shop with a real Factory dyno? They're more accurate and better for testing, with multiple ega's and such...

http://www.windhammotorcycles.com/service.html

They're also much closer than Maine.

#14 ·
actually the two dyno manufacterors are very close in quality, the big difference in dyno's is how much you spend on it....they range from a few thousand to something like $50,000 or more.....the best dyno outside of the ones run by the manufactorer's is here at AMI it cost something like $70,000 or $75,000.....and even then you need to be trained to run one....so like i said get some money together and i will run it for you....

"Ride Fast and Take Chances"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.