Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Funny you mentioned Bassani pipes, I have a set and a set of Jemco's and J&R and a couple of 3 into 1 pipes and can tell you that those old pipes were perfectly suited to these old bikes, even when they are ported.

I haven't dyno tested them all, but the pipes I have tested correlate well with the software I use.

Modern fat pipes work well with large ports and crankcase reeds, neither of which are a feature of a 1970's street 2 stroke. Crankcase volume and transfer port time areas on a GT are not conducive to high HP. There are exceptions. Check out Kevin Hutchison's drag race GT750 running low 9s in the 1/4 on nitrous. Or check out Brett deStoop in Australia.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Except that there are very few pipes available and none of them much if any better than Jemco or J&R or Bassani. Jon Easton was still making JEMCo pipes last time I checked but he's getting old. the OP should start with what he's got unless his budget is huge.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
step away from the keyboard and breathe dude.

Wizard.

WTF has an RG500 got to do with this thread? Or a Suter or RS250 or anything else you think of. They all have 125cc cylinders with shitloads of ports, disk or reed intakes and modern ignitions. Not even remotely like a GT750 in any way shape or form.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I hope this display of Faith can touch every heart here and you can all be a part of the Knights Templar.
ill tell you what your touching , its not the heart , its my/our nerve, im for sending a message to the mods/ads to have you banned again. dont think it wont happen . believe me it works to ,as you well know. do this guy a favor and delete all your posts that are not related to the op’s topic or even motorcycles. you talk all this religion bs but you have no human compassion for any body else , you selfish little prick. time to think of someone else other then yourself.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Dude,

Please stop spamming teh crap out of teh OP's thread. Start your own thread if you want to wander off the reservation and please get back on your meds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
TS, Please do not post anything on my thread that is not directly related to my original posting. I would appreciate it if 4 letter words were not posted, or even the 3 letter shorts.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Can a mod please ban this dope please
I think he needs to threaten somebody, that's what it use to take in the olden days.
I remember this really cool Dutch guy that used to be on here, he'd get all drunked up and well, **it happens on this site. OP is strongly advised to start a clean thread as they need one. Use the site as a technical resource, that's the best application.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Cool, cool bike.
Love your Sunday drag bike pic too!

Sorry for the distraction...

41 - 60 of 108 Posts