Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Thanks. I put that back into street tracker trim and will try to sell that one as well. That will take it down to only 2 GT750 open projects......

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
To the mods don't we have a no politics no religion rule?
You would think so wouldn't you!

... maybe if we just ask nicely. Hey ts185fan could you please tone down the gawd and religion content. We need to show some respect for motorcycle riders in this forum.
Please.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
It is much better with him on IGNORE, but he needs to go. He apparently has no knowledge of theology or evolution and just spams threads to be vindictive. I think that our new overlords are asleep or just don't care if the forum goes down the drain and regulars don't bother to turn up any more.

·
Banned
258 Posts
It is much better with him on IGNORE, but he needs to go. He apparently has no knowledge of theology or evolution and just spams threads to be vindictive. I think that our new overlords are asleep or just don't care if the forum goes down the drain and regulars don't bother to turn up any more.
I have only just found out about the ignore function.
Cheers for the heads up.(y)

Got this clown on ignore now and all the better for it.

I would still rather the overlords do their job and get rid of him though.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Completely changing the subject Teazer. Did you ever get that NTV running?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Completely changing the subject Teazer. Did you ever get that NTV running?
Yes I did. Thanks for asking. It was back in February, so the battery should probably be replaced, but it fired up as soon as we fitted a new fuel pump. Fortunately I took a few with me and the first one leaked, so that went in the bin and on went one that didn't leak.

It ran fine but the battery is old. It held a charge long enough to fire it up, but if it were mine, I would replace it.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Yes I did. Thanks for asking. It was back in February, so the battery should probably be replaced, but it fired up as soon as we fitted a new fuel pump. Fortunately I took a few with me and the first one leaked, so that went in the bin and on went one that didn't leak.

It ran fine but the battery is old. It held a charge long enough to fire it up, but if it were mine, I would replace it.

View attachment 103688
Nice Rickman fairing, not many of those left now.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I hope the GT750 OP doesn't mind this little off topic detour.

My brother bought the bike when it was a bout a year old and he rode for years in the UK before he moved to QLD and rode it there for a while and then re-imported it to the UK. Not sure when he added all the dayglo so that he would be seen by brain dead cagers on their phones. It may have come with the fairing and luggage, but he found it to be an ideal commuter (daily rider).

I seem to recall that they were popular with dispatch riders and that makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I hope the GT750 OP doesn't mind this little off topic detour.

My brother bought the bike when it was a bout a year old and he rode for years in the UK before he moved to QLD and rode it there for a while and then re-imported it to the UK. Not sure when he added all the dayglo so that he would be seen by brain dead cagers on their phones. It may have come with the fairing and luggage, but he found it to be an ideal commuter (daily rider).

I seem to recall that they were popular with dispatch riders and that makes perfect sense.
To be honest I doubt the OP is still about after all the recent crap on here, which is a shame.
I had 3 NTV's while dispatching if you include the Deauville. They clocked up some serious milage,were very reliable, and cheap to run.
Still got this one.
100_2102.JPG

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I don't think the overlords spend any time here unless they are notified of something. I've ignored the ranter also but another plan would be to keep reporting his posts.

The report function is cleverly hidden here. Click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner.

My money says our little buddy is mentally ill and off his meds, so don't take it personally.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
That is sad. I thought I had found a good site for networking to get some advise a little above the regular street bike forums. I am still here but have also seeked out some other forums as well.

Tomorrow putting new Perellis on my GS and looking forward to the ride afterwards.

2-Stroke

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
That is sad. I thought I had found a good site for networking to get some advise a little about the regular street bike forums. I am still here but have also seeked out some other forums as well.

Tomorrow putting new Perellis on my GS and looking forward to the ride afterwards.

2-Stroke
Don't let it put you off. He seems to sneak in the backdoor every couple of years. There has got to be a lot of people, who don't deal well with being alone, that are hurting now. Hopefully he's off to deal with his demons and we can talk about the bike.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Thanks TrialsRider, I will see what time brings to the table. I did not mention this but a friend of mine I grew up with rides Trials. He also does the bycycle thing, not sure what they call it. I went see him a couple years ago and he has his yard setup for trials. It is pretty cool.

2-Stroke

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
Thanks TrialsRider, I will see what time brings to the table. I did not mention this but a friend of mine I grew up with rides Trials. He also does the bycycle thing, not sure what they call it. I went see him a couple years ago and he has his yard setup for trials. It is pretty cool.

2-Stroke
You might not want to try riding trials bikes, they are highly addictive and tend to render all other forms of motorsport slightly boring ;)

61 - 80 of 108 Posts